The UNDP Ghana recruitment portal is now open, as this notice is to create awareness among all Ghanaian′s ready to enroll in UNDP Ghana. The portal for the UNDP Ghana enrollment 2023/2024 is now open, the forms are available for pick up and the requirements for this are also highlighted so as to make it stress-free for applicants, this should also be treated with urgency as the closing date is also at the corner.
A very lucrative opportunity has been made available for all Ghanaian′s, the question now is (have you heard about UNDP Ghana) if yes you are at the right blog because it is our reader′s (UNDP Ghana) and they are currently in need for new and active workers, all you need to do is to follow the guidelines and this blog is the right place to direct you to the procedure of your request. UNDP Ghana offers jobs from different angles and all qualified and invited applicants in Ghana can apply for any of the available roles in UNDP Ghana.
Please all applicants should note that the age range for this offer varies from 21 to 35 years and most also have a clean background with no criminal record, also note that all applicants must be Ghanaian citizens by birth with a first degree from an accredited university in a related field with at least a second class lower.
UNDP Ghana Recruitment 2023/2024
1. Job Title: Project Supervisor
UNDP is supporting the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) to improve access to safe and hygienic private toilets for the inhabitants of low-income community of Moshie Zongo. In Kumasi, 50% of its 1.2 million population lack access to household toilets. The problem is worse in low-income communities such as Moshie Zongo, where 82.7% of the households do not have access to decent sanitation. The City Council has explored opportunities and measures to addess this problem over the years. Following pilot experimentation, the KMA is implementing an initiative seeking to provide househol toilets to low-income residents at Moshie Zongo thanks to access to low interest loans for toilet construction in private households. The initiative also contemplates training unemployed youth to provide the construction of low-cost toilets locally designed. This initiative was one of the 15 winners of the Global Mayors Challenge in 2024.
Within this context, UNDP is seeking to engage a Project Supervisor to manage the implementation of the Global Mayors Challenge in Kumasi.
The Project Supervisor will support the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly, in close coordination with UNDP in the overall project coordination, coordinating the project team, resources and budget. The main responsibility is to ensure the project’s implementation is sustainable, on time, on budget and achieving its objectives.
The project includes three components:
• Selection and training of unemployed youth to construct household toilets in the community. Activities include supervising the construction of household toilets including containment units, superstructure with related facilities and washing facilities. The training component involves the development and adoption of selection criteria for the unemployed youth, building technical capacities and guidance to connect and fulfill demand for household toilets in the community.
• Civic education and targeted campaigns to educate community members and create demand for household toilet and;
• Setting up and management of a revolving fund to provide loans to households to privately fund the construction of toilets, working closely with the fund manager to effectively administer the funds and meet project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Supervisor, under the supervision of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly and under close coordination with UNDP will be accountable for the following tasks:
• Coordinate all project implementation activities;
• Establish the workplan and coordinate the project team to ensure timely delivery of the project;
• Supervise day-to-day management of the project, including coordinating and supervising consultants;
• Prepare periodical and situational progress reports and monitor project progress and challenges regularly;
• Overview requests and documents required for payments of consultants, contractors and suppliers;
• Design and organize training and workshops;
• Ensure the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for all household toilet constructions;
• Prepare and advise bidding process for hiring consultancy and contracting service providers;
• Ensure value for money on budgetary issues; and
• Facilitate any dispute resolution regarding to project implementation.
Qualification Required & Experience
Min. Education requirements
• Master’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering or related fields; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Engineering with seven (7) years of relevant work experience is required.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• A minimum of five (5) years with Master’s Degree or seven (7) years with Bachelor’s Degree of relevant working experience on urban development or sanitation projects is required.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
• Experience working in sanitation projects in Kumasi or other municipalities in Ghana is an asset.
• Proven professional experience focusing on client management and working with diverse team will be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience of UN procurement and contracting procedures is an asset.
• Experience in implementing Agenda 2030 at the local level is an asset.
• Experience in capacity building, advocacy and knowledge management is an asset.
• Proficiency in the English language is required.
• Working knowledge of Twi and/or Hausa language is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 11th October, 2024
To apply for UNDP Ghana recruitment below is what you need to be aware of.
• Verify the obtainable positions and it′s finishing date before enrolling for a particular position.
• Please make sure that all required documents requested for the enrollment into UNDP Ghana are intact
• Abide by the contingent of every single position to apply.