Everyone hoping to apply for NSFAS, update their details or track their application will need to create a myNSFAS account. Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account.
The National Student Financial Aid Student (NSFAS) has recently opened its funding applications for the 2024 academic year. Applications will be open until 31 January 2024.
Anyone interested in applying for NSFAS funding, updating their personal details, or tracking the progress of their current NSFAS application will need to create a myNSFAS account. Here is how applicants may create a myNSFAS account.
How to Create a myNSFAS Account:
- Click here to visit the NSFAS website.
- Click on the myNSFAS tab in the top right corner.
- Fill in your personal details as they appear on your Identity Document (ID).
- Fill in your valid contact details.
- Accept the terms and conditions by ticking the box provided.
- Create a password to protect your account, confirm the password then click on ‘Create’.
Applicants are encouraged to ensure that their contact details are correct because NSFAS will use those details to communicate essential updates regarding their application. If their contact details do change, they may revisit their profile to update their details.
It is important to accept the terms and conditions because it allows NSFAS to validate the information provided in the application. If the terms and conditions are not accepted, the applicant would not be able to create their myNSFAS account.
Personal details and passwords should be kept private to avoid identity theft or scammers from accessing the profile. Once the account has been created, a message confirming the account creation will pop on the screen.