You might be curious to know when you will get your grant payment if you are a Sassa grant recipient. Here is the remaining payment schedule for the year.
Grants and allowances are given out by the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) to needy, disadvantaged citizens of the nation. Children’s grants, grants for the elderly, awards for people with disabilities, and the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant are a few of them.
Beneficiaries have three options for receiving their Sassa grant funds: through CashSend, their Sassa card, or straight into their bank accounts.
Select supermarkets like Pick & Pay, Boxer, Shoprite, Checkers, or USave merchants are locations where payments can be picked up.
The dates for the remaining award payments in 2024 are as follows:
- Older person’s grant: Monday 3 October – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Tuesday 4 October – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Wednesday 5 October
- Older person’s grant: Wednesday 2 November – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Thursday 3 November – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Friday 4 November
- Older person’s grant: Thursday 1 December – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Disability grant: Friday 2 December – This includes any grants linked to this account
- Rest of the Sassa grants: Monday 5 December
Only qualifying beneficiaries will receive the social grant payouts every month.
It is also important to note that these payment dates are not fixed and could change. Beneficiaries can view the updated payment dates on the SRD grant website.
During his budget speech earlier this year Finance Minister, Enoch Godongwana announced social grants will increase in October.
The Disability Grant is due to increase by R1 990 in October. The War Veterans Grant is due to increase to R2 010 in October.
The Old Age Grant increased to R1 980 (in April) and then will increase to R1 990 (in October). For people older than 75 years the grant increased by 5.2% to R2 000 (in April) and then to R2 010 (in October). These amounts haven’t been confirmed yet by Sassa.
As for the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, it has a separate payment schedule from the usual Sassa grants. The dates listed are arranged according to the last three digits of a beneficiary’s ID number.