The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW&I) invites students to apply for the Bursary programme 2024 academic year.
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW&I) is meant for both South African and International students that need assistance in their education. More so, the Bursary covers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Therefore, if you are a student looking to further your education at the undergraduate or Master’s level, this chance is for you.
DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY
ABOUT THE ECDPW BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPW&I) is inviting students residing within the Eastern Cape province, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards these qualifications:
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma)
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma)
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma)
- Architecture (Masters)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, meals and a living allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Eastern Cape province
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Land Surveying (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Land Surveying
- Real Estate (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Real Estate
- Interior Design (Advanced Diploma) students: you must have completed a National Diploma in Interior Design
- Architecture (Masters) students: you must have completed a Bachelor of Architectural Studies with Honours
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
Download and complete the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Note: this bursary is being re-advertised – students who previously applied towards the end of 2024, are encouraged to reapply. The same application form is being used from the original bursary advert.
Hard copy application forms can also be collected from any Eastern Cape Department of Public Works & Infrastructure Head Officer or Regional Office.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- National Diploma/ Bachelor degree certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or admission from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of physical home address (letter from Traditional Authority Offices if residing in a village, letter from Municipal Offices if residing in a town, township or farm) (NOT a rates bill or statement of account)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Amatola Business Village
The Director: Human Resources Utilisation and Capacity Development
Private Bag X0022
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ECDPW BURSARY
20 February 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Eastern Cape Department of Public Works and Infrastructure directly:
Contact Person 1: Mr M Dingwayo
Tel: 040 602 4619
Contact Person 2: Ms SP Khumalo
Tel: 040 602 4761
Contact Person 3: Mr S Manyela
Tel: 040 602 4053