Dis-Chem is inviting all unemployed Youth to apply for its ongoing Learnership Program 2023/2024.
Learnership Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course.
This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on-the-job learning.
Include but are not limited to:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Ensure accurate picking/packing/labeling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking reports as requested by the dispensary manager and follow-up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV, and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics (HG), Life Science/Physical Science
- Obtained at least an average of 50%
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline-driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem-solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthiness, and honesty.
- Computer, numerical skills.
How to apply
Please use the links given below to apply:
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Location: Sandton, Gauteng
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng