For the Graduate Internship Program for 2024–2024, the Western Cape Government: Corporate Services Center welcomes graduates from South Africa who are unemployed and living in the Western Cape to apply.
Successful interns will have the chance to receive real-world work experience for a duration of three to twenty-four months through the Graduate Internship Program, a Youth Development Program.
- You are in possession of a completed Certificate (NQF 5), Diploma (NQF 6), Degree (NQF 7) or Post Graduate Qualification (NQF 8 and higher);
- You are a South African citizen and reside in the Western Cape;
- You are between the ages of 20 and 35;
- You desire an opportunity to gain practical work experience.
Key Performance Areas
On-the-job training will be provided in one of the following departments:
- Community Safety;
- Cultural Affairs and Sport;
- Department of the Premier Economic Development and Tourism;
- Environmental Affairs & Development Planning;
- Human Settlements;
- Local Government;
- Provincial Treasury;
- Social Development;
- Transport and Public Works.
Justification for applying?
You will gain knowledge and experience that will increase your marketability to potential employers.
On your Resume, you list references who may be reached.
Together with a network to support and direct you, you will receive career awareness exposure to help you make educated career decisions.
The following internet resources can be used by applicants who do not have access to computers to complete the online application:
- your nearby library;
- a Thusong Service Center close to you.
- electronic community forums and centers in small towns;
- Western Cape Government Walk-in Contact Center;
- internet cafe
Remuneration The Department will decide how much of a stipend to pay.
HOW TO APPLY
Only online applications will be considered. Applicants who passed the final examinations will be considered.
The final results will be verified.
Also, other personal information and documentation will be verified in terms of legislation.
Applicants are requested to attach the following documents to their profile:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (preferably in MS Word)
- Your Identity document (ID)
- Your Qualification (academic results from the academic institution).
Please note that the application process consists of 2 (two) phases, the 1st phase, deals with registration and the 2nd phase with the actual application.
Phase 1: 1. You must click on “Create Account” 2. Complete the required information and attach all required documents 3. Ensure your profile is complete and select submit to finish the registration process 4. You will receive an e-mail from Western Cape Government Careers to verify your email address, 5. Once you have confirmed your e-mail address, registration is complete.
Then to next phase. Phase 2: 6. Find the Internship and click “APPLY” on the actual advertisement 7. Complete the application questions and click “submit” 8. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 086 137 0214.
No late, emailed or faxed CV’s will be accepted as an application.
Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date of 28 February 2024.
Please note: The Western Cape Government Provincial Departments will not be held responsible for any cost relating to relocation, subsidence and travelling. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.