There are numerous job opportunities with SAPS. Jobs for general laborers and security officers are available in a number of provinces.
Candidates must demonstrate competence in the key duties of the role that are unique to that position.
have a minimum of two official languages down pat, one of which must be English.
Be a citizen of South Africa.
Must be free of any outstanding criminal, departmental, or civil issues.
The vetting process for applicants will involve security screening and fingerprint verification.
Possess a minimum of ten (10) years of pensionable service.
An advantage would be two (2) years of relevant experience in the essential responsibilities of the position.
Possessing a Grade 10 diploma will be advantageous.
basic abilities in literacy, math, and communication
know how to read and write
the capacity to use simple tools and devices
willing to put up extra hours,
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post
- Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English.
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Must have no criminal record or pending criminal/departmental cases.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
- The post requirements are applicable as specified in addition to the generic minimum requirements as specified in the specific post.
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the National Learner Record Database on NQF level 4;
- Registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA);
- Be in possession of at least a Grade C security certificate;
- Not declared unfit to possess a firearm;
- Be willing to undergo firearm competency training;
- Be willing to maintain firearm competency;
- Degree / Diploma in the field of security will be an added advantage;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post as well as valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will serve as an advantage;
- Be willing to work shifts and extended hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website www.saps.gov.za/careers and at SAPS Stations will be accepted.
The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
All instructions on the application form must be adhered to.
Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
Short-listed applicants will be required to produce original documentation.
Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions.
The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.