If you are a Sassa Older Person’s grant beneficiary, it may be a good idea for you to familiarise yourself with the payment dates for the older person’s grant as well as details on how to apply for the grant.
If you’ve submitted a Sassa application and you’re wondering when you’ll receive your Sassa grant payment, we have some answers for you.
Sassa has said that if all the provided details are correct and all documents are submitted correctly and you are approved, you should receive your Old Persons Grant the following month after your application was approved.
This can be paid to your bank account or you can fetch your grant at the nearest Post Office or PicknPay or Shoprite.
To be eligible for the Older Person’s grant, applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- The applicant and child must be resident in South Africa.
- Must not be less than 60 years.
- Not be in receipt of another social grant for him or herself.
- The applicant and spouse must comply with the means test.
- Must not be maintained or cared for in a State Institution.
- The applicant must submit a 13 digit bar-coded identity document.
According to Sassa, it takes 30 days to receive feedback on your application provided that you have submitted the correct details and all of the required documents.
If your Older Person’s application proved to be successful, Sassa will pay out an amount of R1 890 which is due to increase to R1 980 in April 2024. The grant will also increase to R1 990 in October 2024.