The Converse Bursary invites students to apply for the Bursary programme 2024 academic year.
Converse Bursary is meant for both South African and International students that need assistance in their education. More so, the Bursary covers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Therefore, if you are a student looking to further your education at the undergraduate or Master’s level, this chance is for you.
DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY
ABOUT THE CONVERSE BURSARY AWARD
The converse is inviting students with outstanding student debt, to apply for their #CreateNext campaign. Converse will be giving away R2.5 million in bursary funding, to help students crush their student debt.
Students can apply for funding by telling Converse how their debt is holding them back – candidates may also nominate someone who needs to have their student debt paid off.
Converse previously invited students to apply for their #KickTheDebt Student Award (which closed in March 2024), where they gave away R2 million to cover outstanding student debt.
MORE ABOUT THE CONVERSE BURSARY AWARD
Converse, influencers, and a panel of independent judges will review all applications and thereafter select the final beneficiaries and amount they will receive.
Successful candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 March 2024 (via the phone number or email address provided). Students who do not respond within 3 working days from being contacted, will, unfortunately, forfeit the prize. Candidates who do not receive any feedback have unfortunately not been selected.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CONVERSE STUDENT DEBT BURSARY AWARD
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within South Africa
- You must be between 13 and 28 years old (candidates under 18 years old will require parental or guardian consent)
- You must be currently enrolled and studying at an accredited secondary or tertiary educational institute in South Africa
- You must be in financial need
- You must have outstanding tuition fees, including interest (student debt)
- You must have a strong academic record with a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must NOT be associated or affiliated with Skye, their sponsors or organizers of or a supplier of goods or services to the campaign
How to Apply Converse Bursary 2024
Applications must be submitted online at: Converse Bursary Application
If you want to nominate someone to receive the award, visit this WhatsApp link to refer them to the application form.
Or send a WhatsApp message to 074 612 9558, by sending your name and #CreateNext in the message.
Applicants will be required to provide a strong motivational letter to support their application, they may also submit a video to support their application (maximum 2 minutes, maximum 100MB)
Candidates must read and agree to the Converse Create Next Campaign T&C’s before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record
- Statement or invoice detailing outstanding tuition fees
- Student number
- Proof of enrollment
- Parental consent (if under 18 years old)
- Proof of financial need
- Any other information required
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CONVERSE STUDENT DEBT BURSARY AWARD
18 February 2024 (at 23:59) (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this campaign programme, please contact the Skye customer service center directly:
Tel: 087 940 4664